SKM has over-promised and under-delivered: SDF
Gangtok, Jan 11
The opposition SDF party has criticised the ruling SKM for not fulfilling its promise made during election last year. SDF publicity affairs in a press release have said that many of the unsuspecting Sikkimese youths were overwhelmed by illogically lofty poll-promises made by the SKM party. That all of SKM promises were nothing but a castle in the air is being gradually understood by the Sikkimese people. We would like to remind all the Sikkimese people of what SKM promised before elections and how it has not only backtracked but has been shamelessly defending.
SDF has listed promises’ SKM made in 2019 election but has not delivered yet.
1. Promised – Immediate regularisation of all ad-hoc and temporary employees and teachers including OFOF employees.
Result – Not a word on the regularisation of ad-hoc and temporary employees and teachers. OFOJ employees haven’t received salaries for many months
2. Promised – Discontinuation of the practice of deputation
Result – Government offices today teem with those on deputation handpicked by SKM leaders.
3. Promised – Discontinuation of service extension
Result – SKM has shamelessly continued service extension
4. Promised – Conversion of Mintokgang into a cancer hospital
Result – Chief Minister Golay is all set to shift to Mintokgang
5. Promised – All Fortuner Cars to be used as Ambulance
Result – All these cars have been auctioned off to SKM supporters
6. Promised – Festival grants to the people of Sikkim
Result – Almost all the major festivals celebrated by the Sikkimese people have passed with NOT A SINGLE FAMILY having received the promised ‘festival grant’
7. Promised – Discontinuation of ‘Viva Voce’
Result – SKM government has been conducting Viva-Voce regularly
8. Promised – Closure of Casinos
Result – Opened one more casino at Mangan